Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Okay.. So it is official.. My insurance adjuster has been and gone. Totaled out my van. :( But it is not so bad. Good news is that I get a new vehicle, bad news is I have no idea what to buy. I would love to by a Ford Escape Hybrid, but wow.. those are so expensive. I really didn't want to have another full payment. I just wanted to pay my van off and live a couple years debt free. ya know.. Extra cash each month would have been great.

My second choice is a 2005 Jeep Liberty.. Very nice. Not great gas mileage, but not horrible either.

Third choice.. another Chrysler Town & Country.. the 2005 model is nice.

Both the second and the third aren't to bad in price. My payments would stay the same as they are now, but would be another 2 years worth.

What to do is driving me up a wall.. Not to mention after all is said and done, I am not getting crap for my van..

$5075.00
minus
$500.00 deductible
equals
$4575.00
minus
$2567.00 owed on my loan
equals
$2008.00
minus
$900.00 to buy back my van (to be fixed using another van that has rear end damage)
equals
$1108.00 left for a down payment on another vehicle..

Not cool at all...

Paul wants to fix my van eventually and use it as a parts runner. Course.. I could make him fix it for me and I would have my car back, but... then I don't have the excuse to get a new one.. LOL

No comments: