Tuesday, January 09, 2007

WOW.. it has been a while since I updated.. Lots of busy stuff happening.
WE had a fantastic Christmas. I got a camcorder that fits right in the palm of my hand. Kind of cool. Gor this really nice reed air freshener in my favorite scent. WHITE LILAC!!! Lots of other stuff, but those of course are my favorites.

Kids had a blast. Spoiled as usual. To much new stuff for me to trip over.

--------------------------

New Years was great. We spent the evening playing a 4 1/2 hour game of monopoly and I lost to a 7 year old. LOL She totally cleaned up with over $11,000 and most of the properties.. She is gonna let me live with her for the rest of my life... Support me and even cook for me.. LOL

------------------------

I have been spending my days getting the office ready for 2007. Lots of 2006 tax stuff to go thru. I did up all the W2's today. Mailed out and set. Now for the 1099's tomorrow.

Once those are finished, it is all a matter of adding up receipts and getting the stuff ready to the tax man. Gotta love that. Hoping for the best, but knowing it isn't going to be pretty.. LOL

We turned a good year, but... with no snow, the going is a bit tight right now. Lets hope for a nice big snow storm that lasts for 3 days.. LOL

----------------------------------

Oh yeah... no snow. January 9th and no stinking snow.. What gives??? I don't think I have ever had a birthday that I didn't have to trudge thru snow.. Yep... Today is my BIRTHDAY!!!!! Nope, not gonna tell you how old I am.. LOL.. But... I will tell you that I just past the hump towards 40.. Sigh... Don't feel that old a bit... And to make matters worse, a friend of mine (who is 29) just got a boob job yesterday. Made a healthy comment about them going south and maybe I would have to deal with that soon.. LOL Nice huh...

I may be getting older, but the twins are still where they are supposed to be.. LOL Haven't began the ski slope yet.. Well, maybe the bunny hill, but definately not the slope..

-----------------------------------------------------
Anyways... I just made this rasta tam that is just to die for. I listed is on one of my yahoo groups, and it sold in about 5 minutes. I was so impressed. Got an order for 3 more. I am pretty dang proud of myself. So far, this week I have made 6 of them in different sizes. Also made a cute hat in light watermelon colors. Then some berets, but.. I really did do lots of other stuff.. LOL Here are a ton of pictures.






My favorite one is the orange one. Gotta love orange. Not sure what order I like them the best, but they are all really big and suprisingly hang pretty good considering it was all heavy yarn. Well, except the pink ones, those are a bit lighter weight.
I am off to get my room clean.. LOL Complain the kids never keep theirs clean and you can't even see my floor.. Where does all this stuff come from???

3 comments:

Ginabee said...

Happy belated birthday Lana! Your work is gorgeous. I hit the big one this month myself ... yep, 25 with 15 years of experience! Hope it was a special day.
Ginabee, fellow FGM

Carolyn in Kentucky said...

Sorry I missed your birthday, I hope it was a good one. 49 is not too much of a problem, but just watch out for 50, it is wicked. You have really been busy, love all your hats.

Lana said...

Thanks.. LOL Actually, it is 36. I like to think of it as 21 with 15 years experience.. LOL
I did have a wonderful day.

Way to busy.. I did enjoy making the hats. I sew at the office and crochet or knit at home. Makes for all around sharing time.. LOL Wouldn't want any of my crafts to get neglected you know.. LOL