Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Well, today has been busy.. LOL And I didn't do a thing. Headache from hell...

I am up now. Excedrin migraine is a wonderful pill.. LOL

I have been asked to host a Harry Potter Death by... challenge. You may ask... what the heck is that??? Let me explain...

Basically this is what happens once you sign up.. (a yahoo group is formed so that all participants are together)

1. An item is chosen.. scarf, tote bag, hat, socks, etc...
2. if you decide to participate, you will be given a victim. This is the person you are making the item for.
3. The object is to be the first to complete and send your item to your victim before someone sends an item to you. If you receive an item, you will need to stop working on your item and mail it to the person who outed you. You will send the unfinishe item plus your victims information. They will complete it for you and send it on.
4. Your victim will not be your assasin.
5. The last person standing without being outed wins. A prize will be given. Usually this item is donated. Sometimes it is a large item, sometimes it is a smaller item. Just depends on what gets donated.
6. Alot of times, the host will pick a supplier that everyone will buy from. The supplier will generally donate the prize since they are getting the whole order.
It can be from yarn to patterns to needles or hooks..
7. A start date and time will be picked. The pattern will be uploaded at that specific time so all is fair.


So that is how it works.. Not sure if I really want to host it.. LOL Last one I hosted went very well, but it is alot of work. I am not sure if I am up to that right now. We did felted booga bags in the victims house choice. I chose Hufflepuff and got a fantastic felted bag. I gave it as a gift in the end.. Wishing now I had saved a picture of it.. LOL I was outed before I could finish mine.. LOL No pictures of that either. It was fun while it lasted though.. LOL

Anyway, I will let you all know if I do host it.. Maybe after the holidays..

No comments: