Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Harry Potter Scarf Pattern
-----------------------------
worsted weight red heart yarn colors used are:
Ranch red #0332 and gold #0321

Size 10 1/2 US needles or whatever size you like.
Gauge is not an issue with this scarf. You just go with the
size you like.

Cast on 25 loosely
row 1- knit across row
row 2- knit across row
row 3- *Knit 1, YO twice* repeating across row
row 4- *Knit 1, Drop both YO* repeating across row

I made mine so I had 5 sets then switched to the second color for 5 sets until I had it the length I wanted it.

I did 5 blocks of red and 4 blocks of gold. You are welcome to do a few more, but I do not like my scarves real long. And I added long fringe to make up some length.

Remember to cast off loosely.

For the fringe, I cut 5 strands of yarn for each tassel. Each strand was about 16 inches long.

That is all there is to it. Not a havey scarf, but really cute.. It is functional, just not for 20 below winters.. LOL

Now to find colors for each of the other houses in Harry Potter. I figure I might just as well have a matching set of scarves since this works up so fast and it is actually quite fun.

No comments: