Friday, November 07, 2008

So I decided to get a bit creative tonight. I am crafting for a future Harry Potter Craft Swap. I decided to make some labels for my bottles and figured i would share them all with you. I do not have pictures of the finished project since I left my camera at the office, but here is what I did..
1. print out your labels on white or cream paper. I just used regular printer paper.
2. Brew some really strong black tea. You can use coffee too if you want.
3. Crinkle up your paper and then flatten it out again.
4. lay your paper on a cookie sheet and pour your brewed coffee or tea onto the paper and let it soak a few minutes.
5. Take your paper out of the cookie sheet and let it dry. Air drying takes to long, so I use the fan or a hair dryer.. LOL
6. If it isn't dark enough for you, redo the process until it is.
CAUTION: DO NOT RUB THE PAPER AT ALL. THE INK WILL SMEAR!
7. Get some clear acrylic sealer in the craft department. I use the stuff that is made to preserve maps and spray it on your dried paper. I like to use 3 coats, but use your own judgment. The sealer comes in matte or gloss finish. I got the matte finish and will test it out. I may get some gloss too just to see what I like better.
8. Let dry completely and cut out. Use a glue stick to adhere it to your bottles or jars.
Okay.. Now that is said.. Here are the labels. You are welcome to print them out, alter them or whatever you want to do. But.. Please do not sell them. These are created for free and I would like to keep them that way.






No comments: