Saturday, September 20, 2008

Okay. so it is a late night tonight. I made up 3 batches of soap and I promised to take pictures this time.. LOL

So.. My first batch seized up on me. Darned if I was so po'ed.. I frigging hate it. It was going so well. Then I added a new fragrance oil and wouldn't you know... So.......I rebatched it and made it into hot process. I am not so fond of hot process. The bars just never seem to get completely solid. I mean they are solid, but never super hard like my cold process bars are.. Anyway.. Here is a picture..It smells like wine and is so fragrant...


Okay.. So next up was sandalwood honeysuckle.. It went perfectly. Didn't fill my new mold as I had hoped. I miscalculated how much it would hold, but... Still a nice soap. picture is one right after the pour and covered with saran wrap to minimize the ash.. The second picture is in the gel stage. Notice the creamy edges. Almost a full gel at this point. YAY!!! It also smell heavenly.



Now for my favorite.. This one is scented with coconut fragrance and has a ton of calendula petals in it. WOW!!! Doesn't it look great in the mold. It is going to be sooo wonderful. I didn't use any color in the sandalwood or the coconut.. Those will be naturally a yellowish due to the fragrances..



So.. I will make another 4 or 5 batches tomorrow. I want to get some Neroli made up. To many requests to pass on it this time.. LOL And please disregard the priority mail tape.. LOL I couldn't find the stupid masking tape anywhere. Darn kids took it.. I know they did.. LOL

I also took a picture of some of the veggies and such I have been canning.. Plugging away to get ready for winter. I will get the pumpkin butter done sometime next weekend. Ignore the soap molds on top of them and the mess around them.. LOL I have been trying to get so much done and I really gotta learn to put stuff away as I go..


Now. Here is my Kombucha tea brewing. I couldn't remember if i posted pictures of it, so here it is just in case.. Yummy stuff... Notice the babies growing on top while the mommys are below them..

1 comment:

Auroras_Garden said...

Dont worry Lana, the kids take my tape too ALL the time. They also take my pens...and everything else i use for shipping packages.
The calendula soap looks AWESOME! I bet it turns out to be really great for the skin.
You go girlfriend...lovin' that soap!