Monday, June 25, 2007

Okay, so yesterday was absolutely miserable. A tiny little bug decided to visit me early Sunday morning about 2ish am. Yeah.. really sucked. DH took the kids to the office with him for most of the day. And frankly.. I do not remember much of Sunday at all. Other than the trips to the bathroom. My stomach muscles are shot and I hurt in places I didn't know could hurt.. LOL

But.. The good news is I got a picture of the bag I made out of cut up WalMart bags. Notice the black speckles.. Kinda cool.. Let me know what you think..

And if you are wanting to donate bags, just give me a shout. I would love to take them off your hands. Makes no difference in color, size etc. I find that I can get different colored ones from the newspaper. The cute little ones the paper comes in.. Love em..

Hugs all, I am off to rest my aching self.. LOL With a little Vin Diesel on the screen..

7 comments:

Sharon said...

How very COOL!!!! I have seen rugs made from the plastic bags.. but never a purse. I TOTALLY LOVE IT!!!!

Lana said...

Thanks.. I am glad you like it. I am starting a new one tonight. They are a hit around here. I am now being pestered by all the kids around here.. LOL They are bringing me bags and I have a list of who to make for now.. LOL Should keep me busy for a while.

Chalyn said...

That's awesome! You've got to post pics of other projects, too. I've got a stash of bags piling up for you already, and I even got my mom to start saving hers. Keep up the good work!

Lana said...

Thanks a bunch. I really love how this one turned out. My new one is a Vots/ Walmart one.. Red, black and white. That one should turn out cool. I love combining the bags with different colors.. LOL

Jodi said...

Way Cool bag what do you do with them after you make them???

Anonymous said...

This is truly awesome lana. We have used the bags for rugs and just yesterday saw a couple of bag bags at the local senior citizen center. (We've discovered that you can use that rubber like shelf paper on the back of the rugs to keep them from slipping.) But after seeing your bag and the bags yesterday I think I've found a new recycle project. WooHoo. I love it when I find a cool project and one that's good for the environment

Lana said...

Lets see.. I have been giving htem to whomever wants them so far.. LOL My sister, my kids, and their friends..

I am hoping to get better colored ones. I have been getting offers to buy them from me, but I just don't get enough bags. When my website gets up and running, I may list them for sale as I make them. Otherwise, I just enjoy doing it. Anything to help the environment in my small way.

I have actually been able to set up bag boxes at various stores. My local newspaper wants to do a piece on my bags. That will be nice. It will help promote earth friendly recycling. Maybe it will also help me get bags or at least get others to start recycling better.. LOL

Now if I could just get more uses for tin cans.. LOL

I have some projects in the making for glass jars too. I sell candles, and I give a discount to those who bring jars to me. I was thinking about doing something like that for the plastic bags too. Not sure yet..

I am glad you all like them. I plan on posting some patterns to my blog too. Keep watch for them. They will all be my originals, but I am sure anyone would be able to create their own version..
Hugs, Lana